Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Night Out with my Two Dads!





Weird things ensue when worlds collide! But sometimes when it happens and makes for a good anecdote. Last Summer, I worked the Country Rock BBQ at Lucky 7. This the first of what was to become a series of monthly rock events from Lucky 7 Tavern. I was excited because the world famous Clark Bros. (The Baron Von Rosky Kralc and One Eyed Connivin' Ivan) were going to be the opening band. That's right true believers my pop and uncle were going to be getting together to play a set. I had also booked The Cross-town Country All Stars. So you'll understand when I say I was both excited and nervous to see how the crowd would react to two very real country acts. Everything went off without a hitch and both bands picked and grinned their ways into the hearts of this Jersey City dive.

Let me cut to the point! You're most likely curios about my title. Everyone had thought that Ace Case of the Cross-town Country All Stars was my dad. In the excitement of the day I had forgotten to introduce my father to the crowd. Fast forward to a few months later when I tell everyone that my dad will be coming back! So they assumed that the tall goofy cat(I mean that in the best possible way) from the C.T.C.A. was my dad. Of course, this got around and it became an inside joke between the three of us. Ace would go on to play several more shows around town with C.T.C.A. and on his own. He would shout out into the crowd, "There's my son, good to see he's out tonight!" To which my only reply could be, "You're not my real dad!" We'd have a good laugh whether or not anyone got it.

Once again titans clashed and they both played this Mardi Gras. My Dad, my real one, covers Mojo Nixon's Don Henley Must Die w/ Uncle John Becker. Ace Plays Douglas MacArthur (the Ha Ha song) And I made sure to get plenty of pictures and video. The quality of the videos is so much better! See for yourself!

1 comment:

 
Indie Blog Directory