Thursday, April 2, 2009

Anyday Parade Jersey City EP release party

I'll be frank! I'm not really sure if it was an E.P. release party or not. But there was a new E.P. for sale and the place was packed to capacity. As so far as I'm conerned it was an E.P. Release Party. Anyday Parade, Jersey City's own country rock quintet, recently put out four new songs in an E.P. named Where We Fall! I was keen to hear it since I'd heard they where working on it a bit before my previous article involving.

"We can't decide whether we're a rock band or a country band, so we're just doing both." JD (vox, guitar) explained to me in a tête à tête after the show. Well they seem to be doing "two hells" of a job. The album itself sounds wonderful, quality and musically speaking. JD and Larry move forward a bit more on vocals, though Tree still takes center stage. The Chucks round out the background on bass and drums. Chuck Daly on bass falls into a hypnosis during a live performance. "You caught me making love to the bass!" He chuckles when I tell him I wasn't sure if he opened his eyes during the set. Chuck Richard ended the night with a drum solo worthy of Rush's Neil Peart! There was dancing and singing and general carrying on. I think all the best looking people in Jersey City must have come out that night!

If you're looking to get your hands on a copy of the E.P. contact them via Myspace. I'm sure they'll set something up with you! You can hear most of it there too! If you're looking for the Next Big Thing in town, keep your eye on these cats. They have something going on that's unique and thoroughly rockin'! Here's video of their title track from the EP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Indie Blog Directory