Thursday, March 5, 2009

Jamie Rae at Lucky 7 Tavern

On the train today, I ran into an old friend from a past life. We bullshitted about how we've been doing and such. Of course he asked me how I was doing! People I knew still give a shit about me! In retrospect, I feel like I hogged up the whole convo talking about this blog, and then I realized I hadn't posted since late Monday! If you haven't read that post it's one of my best give it a look. I'll wait......OK? So tonight's post comes to you from a too hot kitchen in the Depths of Jersey's finest dive bar.

"But, Rocker Tycoon,"You say with those puppy dog eyes, "You promised us another music post this week!" I promised no such thing.....And I'm giving you a music post you needy jerk! It's just gonna be shorter and with a little less chit chat between me and the bands. Screw you! I got drunk instead, sue me!

Back at Lucky 7 Tavern for songwriter Tuesdays. I caught a pretty thing by the name of Jamie Rae. I was mixing it up with James Dower (the cat that books the bands for Lucky 7's), talking about the next few Saturday Night Rock event. The bar just about empty and in strolled Jamie Rae wellington boots and all. Of course, I hadn't really prepared for the night as I hadn't seen a list of who was playing..... as such I only had my sidearm (LG DARE). So I got some video of her act. The bar really packed it in as she continued!

I've come to a point now where I feel the need to actually hear and know about the bands for a few hours so I can find out a little about them. This way I ask questions that inform everyone about the performer(s). I hate to give you the same tired cookiecutter questions anyone could give you. I won't be winning any awards in the near future for face to face interviewing, but I still think it's important to get out there with a purpose and not just churn out crap for every band I see. So no live interview this time. That said, we had a little chat after her set and we made it apparent that this wouldn't be the last time we'd cross swords. The sound quality on these isn't too bad. Sadly you can't really get an idea of how her beautiful voice matches her demeanor and smile as well. Next time, people, (I KNOW I KNOW) I'll bring my camera! What do you want I'll write it ten times.

I will not forget my camera when I go out to see a band.I will not forget my camera when I go out to see a band.I will not forget my camera when I go out to see a band.I will not forget my camera when I go out to see a band.I will not forget my camera when I go out to see a band.I will not forget my camera when I go out to see a band.I will not forget my camera when I go out to see a band.I will not forget my camera when I go out to see a band.I will not forget my camera when I go out to see a band.I will not forget my camera when I go out to see a band.

Yes I copy and pasted that! Cuz I'm a dirty cheater! and a Scoundrel! In fact, I didn't even double space in between copy and pasting!


1 comment:

 
Indie Blog Directory