Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mission Statement

I'm not sure if it was the guitar, or the drums or the bass, but I can tell you this: I remember vividly my first show. I had a great time and it will definitely be one of those memories I look back on when i'm too old to mosh or give a damn about much else and get a warm feeling. Needless to say I've been to enough shows and bars with bands and basements with bands. Know this, every time I see a live band a little piece of that feeling resurfaces. Who did I see? Its not important. That only serves to tell you one man's story. And that's not why I'm writing this blog, not in the least. My accounts would be self serving, and limited in view (no matter how much better I think my experience was). What I want from this blog is to objectively cover up and coming live rock bands, DJs and anyone else active in the local music scene. I want to know what they think is the answer for keeping live music on the streets and in our bars, homes and basements. Most importantly I wanna know how they do it. These folks aren't rock stars. Not in the way Kip Winger was, by any means, these folks are working class, generally most of them are getting by with day jobs or grinding it out through their talent and ingenuity as businessmen and entrepreneurs. And after how I wanna know why. Why are you a in a band? What motivates you to get up on stage and kick out the jams? Why do you choose to be the entertainment on Saturday nights at the bar when you have to work on Sunday morning? For now that's good enough, but I'm sure I'll come up with more poignant questions to ask. Be sure that I may interview the same bands more than once, but at the end of the day the goal is to watch an evolution. Of a scene, of a band, of a blog?!

2 comments:

 
Indie Blog Directory